Archive for September, 2022
Another miniATM update!
- ADDED: Debt system & menu entries (disabled by default).
- ADDED: Configuration card to set the minimum clicking range.
- CHANGED: Replaced some instant llInstantMessage calls by llRegionSayTo for speed.
- FIXED: L$ symbol placement in all menus and dialogs.
- FIXED: All number entries have been properly sanitized.
As usual, if you own it already you will receive the update shortly.
NOTE: Changes to _log_storage are one again, minimal and backward compatible, do not replace your _log_storage script if you want to keep your existing transactions saved.
At this point it almost feels like a complete rewrite of the miniATM, sadly, most of it won’t matter for anyone but me (who has to look at the code)… oh well.
I’ve cleaned up a lot of the inconsistencies in messages, like whether L$ is before or after the value, I’ve also added a bunch of missing sanity checks on the text/number prompts, configurable clicking range (not limited to 20 meters anymore, but you’ll be able to make it larger or smaller).
I’ve also changed most of the IM commands with llRegioSayTo, so the script won’t be delayed as much in those situations.
The big feature, is the ability to use a “debt” module, when it is active, refusing a payment request will invite the person to create a debt of equal value, as with everything with the miniATM, nothing is out of the wearer’s control, but it gives more opportunities for play in my opinion (you can really just ignore it too). It also adds a dedicated menu to list active debts and for the issuer to cancel it if they so choose. Repayment is automatic if you make any payment to the person you owe a debt to.
And as I said, you can just turn it all off ^_^!
I haven’t gotten a lot done, and my sleep cycle has been an absolute mess.
I did do some code to expand the miniATM features with a completely optional little “debt” system. It is almost complete, but I still have to iron out a few issues.
As you might have seen in the group notices, I also touched up the MixMaster a little, just not enough to roll out a proper feature update yet.
I’ve spent the better part of the past few days cleaning up the prison uniform model. I was initially going to hold off on making a blog post until I’m actually done with this step, but it is taking a little longer than I had planned, and isn’t improving the final result by a lot.
I’ve actually stopped caring about a bunch of things I did initially want to fix because… well you can’t really see it.
Furthermore, I have also played a bit with shader properties to get something more fabric-looking. You can see a few variants that I lifted from my reference photos & drawings.
There is this tiny detail that I am not sure if I want to keep: Considering that the backside of the collar uses the same fabric as the striped accent panels, I can have that fabric “peek” around the collar hem, or I can have that hem use the plain color instead. I’m not sure if this is desirable, but I have it visible, for now.
You can also “kinda” see the micro bikini panties through the pants of the uniform… In my eyes it is really subtle, but I might end up rubbing that out.