Archive for the ‘Code Stuffs’ Category

Industrial pipe kit script update!

  • Fixes a timer bug in toggle shaft valves & toggle gearbox valves.
  • Adds one-time owner report on shaft position (for configuring/min maxes).
  • Ensure that gearboxes & shafts prims have been found before touching them.

Marketplace: Use the auto-redelivery.
In-world: Pester me in IM 🙂
Gitlab

LockMeister plugin for AVsitter2

I’m surprised, with all the documentations I have for LockMeister on the lsl wiki that no one ported the example code to AVsitter already.

If you are already familiar with the lockguard plugin, configuring this one should be almost identical.

Github PR (It might end up merged/closed but I don’t know how long that’s gonna take)

Link to the LockMeister plugin.

More polishing?

I’ve spent almost the entire day on the valve code, trying to get it as user friendly as possible. It is such a collosal waste of time 😀

  • Analog mode (click and drag that nobody ever use in SL)
  • On/Off mode (just click to open/close a valve fully)
  • Distance detection (‘too far away’ kind of deal)
  • Gearbox texture sliding (for the “gear window”).
  • Threaded shafts go up/down.

I also re-uploaded some of the wheels that weren’t +Z oriented, so the script doesn’t need a “valve axis” configuration.

Giving some love to the piercing system

I’ve been working hard on a much needed update to the TouchBound piercings line, here are a few pictures of the new set of plier I’ll be releasing soon to replace the much outdated ones I currently sell.

There’s going to be a few changes code wise, which I believe are for the best:

  • Weights will be recognized as standard accessories, and usable on other products. Why? Why not!
  • Other accessories will now be compatible with the piercings (such as tag plates).
  • Clicking the right area on each ring won’t be needed anymore (just one touch zone).
  • It won’t be possible to use padlock AND accessories at the same time (in line with the rest of the TB products).
  • Piercing tools & weights will have to be updated (slight protocol change).

An update on kyrahgame

Crazy I know! I guess this project isn’t dead yet.

A lil’ bit of code for the maid hats

Not much to “show” today, but I wrote a little companion script for the maid caps (I have issues releasing completely unscripted objects okay?). Just a few handy/fun maid related functions:

  • A fancy holo-sign “ready to serve” kind of thing.
  • A notecard giver (for your rules & services).
  • The ability for other people (or yourself) to mess with your maid cap (throw & make it fall basically)

Nothing complicated and you can remove it if you just want the hats and nothing else

Lock cutting workbench.

This is something I’ve been meaning to add to the store for a long time, there is now a lock-cutting workbench at the Main KDC Store. While I haven’t really seen anyone abuse the system, this is now available for those who want/need it.

It’s not for sale (but it’s free to use duh) and it’s an experiment, more than anything, it uses a feature that has been part of the system for many years now, but there was no real way to use it without my assistance until now.

I’m open to feedback on whether this is a good idea or not. In the meantime, consider it a relatively lame X-max gift 😛

Burning the midnight oil

The past couple days have been pretty rough.

  • Final meshs lodded and uploaded.
  • Reworked the heavy-duty padlocks a little (better lods, center point and smoothing)
  • Made and uploaded the “worn out” texture set (8 colors: red, blue, black, yellow, green, pink, white, orange)
  • Made and uploaded a “fresh” texture set (same color, still some slight wear but no rust)
  • Made an “unpainted” style, it’s very similar to black but a bit more rough and worn out.
  • Wrote all the specific code required to make it compatible with regular locks, accessories, time locks, heavy locks AND bolts (every lock type basically).
  • It has some little “equip” animations like the Fallen princess and the same removable leaching point idea.

I still have a texture hud to make and some intense testing, just to make sure I don’t have any major bug.

I also have been working on a small gift for my Patreon supporters, but I’ll announce it publicly once it’s actually ready.

Random weekend thing

Yes it is dynamic, and yes, the math involved wasn’t fun at all. 😛

I should probably wait for a wider adoption of “Bake on Mesh” before I actually go further than the “prototype stage” with this.

Recipe manual, and more code.

I quickly modeled a little “menu card” to serve as a holder/giver for the notecard that contains all the drinks you can make.

I’ve also:

  • Fixed a bunch of bugs.
  • Added some missing drinks (Engine degreaser, Sunshine Cloud).
  • Added proximity checking.
  • Updated all the drinks.
  • Added machine config options for the owner to restrict users, disallow drink dropping, and whether they want to use temp-on-rez or not.
  • Updated the taste for all the fixed recipes.
  • Custom drinks now have taste for ice & aging.
  • Successful drinks are timed (just as a personal challenge).
  • The machine doesn’t produce anything when the mixing handle isn’t held for the minimum time.

There is only a couple of things I still have to do (specular map for the machine, wiki, product pics…)

Otherwise It’s pretty much ready!

Kyrah Abattoir
Creating BDSM/Fetish content for Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, thinks she can even make video games.
Archives
  • [—]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006