Archive for the ‘products’ Category
When the Major showed us this little “trick” we were both amazed by its simplicity, repulsed by its deviousness, and deeply concerned about the Major’s past assignments before his transfer.
Surely there was no chance for those vampires to escape containment this time…
The past two weeks were such a massive crunch getting everything ready in time for my “official” Halloween deadline. I was gonna post a little update yesterday due to some unexpected feature-creep I wanted to show off, but I ended up finishing deep into the night and it just wasn’t worth doing since I was going to post today anyway.
Without further due, a quick little feature breakdown:
- Cuff binding poses, suspension, locking, accessories, the usual for a TB compatible item.
- A completely new “main lock”, using the provided roll of tape, you can “wrap” the main locking point shut.
- You can add more tape, as much as you want in fact.
- All you need to unlock is to use the tape cutter and cut off each layer, one by one (time-consuming?).
- Posing, suspensions & ‘normal’ chaining are done using the chain link that hangs from the detcord.
- You can chain from the end of the M81 igniter too, but it actually is a pull-trigger, don’t try to pull on that leash or…
The explosion effect has a few configuration flags so you can turn it off completely, or change the “death” duration/severity.
As with previous years, my past Halloween projects are also rising from the grave!
And as with previous years, the Halloween projects are only available from October 15th to November 15th (Patreon supporters can get them all for free all year long)
Happy Halloween everyone!
It took longer than I would like (I always say this…) but here it is, the KDC Narrow Cell is out!
Function wise it has the same features as the full-size variant but comes with one additional theme inspired by one of my favorite Japanese artists and two window variants (as well as a windowless version) If you aren’t familiar with it already I’d recommend checking out the manual.
I’ve priced it a little lower than the full-size cell because well… it IS smaller and I expect people won’t find as much use for it, unless you are specifically looking for something not much bigger than an utility closet, or to save space. Despite being smaller it doesn’t really use less LI when placed, I’m sorry about that but there isn’t anything I can do about it without butchering the LODs.
I’m almost done with the narrow cell, so here is another prison cell update (for the full-size version) with some semi-important additions.
- You can now configure one (or more) “master key” that can always remove the current lock on the cell door.
- You can specify an exact range in meter for the RLV relay camera restriction option.
- The automatic RLV camera range calculation uses the shortest cell dimension now rather than the largest.
I woke up today and realized that I messed up yesterday’s lattice cage update. I was so eager to get this out of the door that I forgot to do a full check of the code I’m using on the cells.
- RLV relay communication should be 1:1 to specifications now.
- Added a prisoner list on the lock infobox menu.
- Added a “no-build” RLV relay restriction (optional).
- Added an RLV teleport configuration warning.
I wish to apologize to those that already updated yesterday >_<.
I just released a small update for the KDC Lattice Cage!
I wouldn’t call it major but I believe it brings a few important changes & improvements:
- Secure lock: Like the KDC Prison Cell, now you can restrict the locks that will work on the cage. Useful for private/semi-private spaces.
- Master key: You can now define one or more LockID that will always be able to unlock the cage, useful for public spaces.
- Instruction manual links.
- More discrete configuration reload notification using the fade text of the cage rather than llOwnerSay messages.
- Fixed an oddly worded locking message.
- The chains drawn from the built-in anchor points can now be drawn in either order.
- The door now has a proper offset collision mesh and doesn’t need a hidden “door” object anymore.
- I removed the owner/group/all use restriction as the secure lock/master key make this feature completely redundant.
As usual, this is available through the lattice cage’s updater box (you still have to teleport to the store, I know).
The Manual will be updated shortly.
I’m still technically on break but some things can’t wait apparently.
I just pushed version 3 of the prison cell on the updater. It should greatly improves RLV relay compatibility.
If you don’t want to re-rez everything, just swap the “_KDC Cell Core” script, that’s the only change.
Have a good weekend everyone!
The “Quadruped assault unit” engineering team contracted KDC Industries to design the “Raider Harness Gag”, a flexible and sturdy piece of equipment to limit the potential damage caused by some of their more aggressive genetically engineered raiding units.
Long story short, they had a really bad biting problem and we designed the hardware to tame those wild beasts. The amount of drooling this gag harness causes is still an issue…
And here we are! After more than two months of work, I can proudly release this new addition to the KDC product line!
- RLV locking
- Speech garbling.
- 8 base texture colors & 8 stitching colors.
- 16 gag ball styles, 1 to 5 breathing holes, smooth, 8-ball, and a bunch more!
- Fully editable in-world (good editing experience required there).
- Drooling effect.
I’m still fleshing out the manual (distinct lack of pictures at the time of this post), but it should be complete enough for release.
I hope you’ll like all the little details as much as I enjoyed obsessively making them.
So yeah, it is still the Fingerprint Padlock, but I figured that given that I’ve updated its appearance, code, and product shots, I could consider this a “re-release”? The new reader is just better, and while it is pretty niche now with the keyless lock doing most of what you’d want, it is still an option, if you want one.
It’s also in 4 colors now, that’s something right? 😛