Archive for the ‘Random thoughts’ Category
I’m not sure how I feel about this year…
Granted we all have the excuse that it was a very “special” year. In a way it is also not an excuse.
I don’t know what to think of the work I’ve done this year, on one hand, I did release a few good items, but on the other I could probably have done more? I’ve neglected the Patreon stuff quite a bit, and did close to no work at all on my game.
In my defence, I guess 2020 was the year of “product updates & experimentation”, and I’m not saying that JUST for the more recent stuff 😛
So let’s all sit back, relax, and have a comfy new year celebration. Next year will be better. Next year I’ll do better.
See you all on the other side!
I know, I already have one for KyrahGame but it’s not really related to my Second Life activities. Not guaranteed it will stay since I’ve no clue how my kind of work goes with the Patreon rules.
I’ve also done some extra “on/off” animations for the mending plate getting installed.
Nothing major but I’m starting to wonder how I’m going to handle items that are bound to the collar front ring, when said ring “goes away” (gets removed)…
I’ve prototyped two relatively important features that I plan to integrate on the entire TouchBound product line:
- Time release locks.
- Non-lock accessories.
Time release locks is pretty self-explanatory, when the time that was set on the lock runs out, clicking it will detach it without requiring a key.
The accessory system on the other hand is a bit weird. It is intended to replace the system that the nipple piercings have been using for the longest time, but unified across the entire product line.
The idea is that instead of a lock you can add a “toy” (not both, sorry). Toys will still prevent detaching when used on the main lock point but they are intended to be funny or decorative accessories. They won’t really “lock” and won’t prevent drawing/removing chains either. I hope this will be a fun addition to the system.
Possible toy ideas: dog tags, decorative carabiner, naughty labels, things like that.
Yeah this is one of “those” pet projects that no one cares about 🙂
I’ve been toying with the idea of doing a slight rework of the dead realm ground level to build a little japanese themed village. I’m trying to avoid being horribly cliché but still… I started with the school… obviously.
I Just came out of a fairly busy weekend (in Real life). Without going in details, I was mentally and physically exhausted when I collapsed in bed yesterday.
Today I haven’t done much. I picked up new hard disks from the post office to replace my failing ones and have been busy cloning the old ones and preparing a new backup strategy.
Because trusting an old worn out IDE drive to keep my most precious files is simply not going to cut it.
I swear I can finish the new boots this week!
Now maybe, just maybe I can go back to doing more interesting things. Like those boots I started recently.
I’m pretty sure no one will have a problem with that right? 😛
I spent the past two days cleaning up the model and tweaking the rigging some more, I think I’m done at this point. I could probably spend 6 more months on this and get it absolutely perfect but well… the law of diminishing returns is showing its ugly head.
Unless a glaring problem occurs, I just uploaded what I consider the “final” female version.
Now for the coding: I already wrote a fairly meaty texture applier/state changer system for it that allows me to swap between the different model parts and hide the unused ones. I’m trying a new approach of using alpha masking instead of setting things to 100% transparent, it appears to use less resources.
I will be spending some time with my family and taking a little break over the festivities.
I will STILL be available for support if needed once I’m back tomorrow (evening).
Have a great time all of you and see you soon 🙂