I have been a bit quiet lately, there were a lot of things I had to do IRL.
I visited my family for a few days on easter and it took a day to “recover” from it, it was a good time but very exhausting.
I’ve been trying to bring back my kanji lessons schedule under control (spaced repetition can get pretty wild if you stop following it for a few days) and that means that I’ve spent a lot of days essentially studying most of the day.
And after that there was a lot of long long overdue spring cleaning, trying to make my tiny apartment a liveable space again. To be honest, this is something I should not have allowed to accumulate, but you never really pay attention to it until after the facts. At least I did not wait until summer for this.
With my place now in a somewhat liveable state, I’ve been experimenting with VR a little. Room-scale is certainly a challenge when you live in a place that isn’t much bigger than some people’s walk-in closet. I’m not leaving SL don’t worry, this is mostly an opportunity to spend less time in a chair and be a little more “active”.
I did put down some work for KDC still. Since the change to the keyless padlock, I wanted to rewrite the fingerprint padlock, to essentially provide the same features it does currently, but better and clearer. Those that hang out in the KDC Mailing List Group probably saw me talk about it.
The real actual “change” is the addition of a built-in way to erase a fingerprint padlock without having to reset the script. People already would reset them all the time, why not spare them the trouble. Everything else is more focused on trying to make the way they lock and unlock as transparent as possible.
The other thing I want to do with it is fixing some of the problems the original texture had. I was under time constraints back then and did not take the time to really finish it up the way I should have.
And maybe make a couple more colors, so long as it remains visually different from the keyless model.