Laborious retopologizing

Laborious retopologizing

Retopologizing the prisoner uniform has been a really laborious process, these pictures are actually the “good” take I eventually got to.

I believe that I started this over at least 3 or 4 times, I’m trying to keep a nice and clean grid, but I still have to follow the creasing when it becomes too large for simple normal mapping, I initially started at the pants cuffs and worked my way up along the side of the leg (where the striped accents are) but I kept running into problems time and time again.

I also tried to closely match the leg topology, which led to other annoying problems trying to work the creasing into it. Eventually, I ended up making the waist band first, which is the most important “seam” with the body (for the pants that is) and then “grew” the geometry out of it, little by little, trying to roughly follow the density used by the body, and ignoring nearly all the creasing at the waist.

It still need to be smoothed further, but it is the best attempt so far, I try to make sure that I have at least one crude, full polygon strip around a given area so that I do not paint myself into a corner  filling it all in.

And so far, it has been working allright. (I ended up working extremely late last night instead of sleeping, as I didn’t want this “win streak” to stop just yet)

Random bonus and social media bait, two things that stable diffusion made:

Leave a Reply

Kyrah Abattoir
Creator of BDSM and fetish content in Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, aspiring video game creator.
Become a Patron!

Archives
  • [—]2022
  • [+]2021
  • [+]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006