Archive for September, 2018
Corrects a behavior issue with the dust layer script config and nothing else. You should read the dust layer configuration notecard again. I believe my instructions where incorrect.
One evening we found this beautiful young lady sheltering from the rain under an awning behind the KDC facility. She told us that she was a noble from another realm who was on the run after her father had been overthrown. She sounded a little crazy but after our blacksmith managed to free her from what looked like a heavy slave collar, we gave her food and shelter for the night. The next morning we considered calling the police but she had vanished! All that was left was this collar to remind us that we did not dream any of this.
Yes it’s finally out, But I strong recommend checking the manual for the little quirks this design features.
That also means two new “keys” in the spare accessories family. I’ve also rolled out the fingerprint padlock “V2” in this item and will progressively roll out new lock versions as I update everything (again)
I just finished the mesh for the hex wrenches/allen keys to bolt the collar. The idea is that the logo on the sleeve will tell you wich bolt type it is using.
I SUPPOSE I could remodel the head of the wrenches for each type but this seem a little umm… Overkill.
I did not post about this before but Wednesday I recorded and cleaned up a handful of sounds for the collar, I think it will sound pretty “genuine”.
I’ve added wax sealing textures to my test setup, I’m still lacking sounds and I also made more memory related changes that I really hope I will not regret.
Tomorrow… I think it’s about time I get on with recording the new sounds and modeling the allen wrenches for this.
Some good progress today, despite being sick.
- Added safety code that causes chains to detach from the mending plate when it is removed from the new collar.
- All the tools will leave “lock mode” when attached/detached/rezzed and after 30 minutes.
- Moved a bunch of code around to save memory, as usual.
- Fixed a bug in the timelock system (I just wrote it god dammit!)
- Added a bolt sealing function! It’s a bit like timelocks but for bolts (with a few differences).
I’ve also done some extra “on/off” animations for the mending plate getting installed.
Nothing major but I’m starting to wonder how I’m going to handle items that are bound to the collar front ring, when said ring “goes away” (gets removed)…
The latest maintenance viewer has click action (none) working for attachments, so now I can just disable the hand cursor for things that you shouldn’t be able to click.
It’s really nice, I’ll start deploying it in all future object updates 🙂
I’ve also written and adapted most of the “core” code for the “bolt collar” (new name someday). The bolts have some slight animation and the collar parts slightly when completely unbolted.
I still have to code in the bolt face configuration and the wax/timelock system I have planned for it.
Not what I would consider a great day, but regardless, I got some work done in the end.
I rewrote all the padlocks and did memory profiling on them. I redid all the pop-up messages,( especially for the fingerprint padlock) in the hope that it will make things clearer for new users of the system.
I also tweaked the time padlock so it doesn’t have those weird “3:55” limits, now it will go all the way to “4:00”, but the lower limit will still be 5 minutes.
I also figured out the source of conflict between leg animations and suspensions, will be fixed soon.