Archive for September, 2019
They can be snapped on all TouchBound products that have at least one free lock point.
Each set comes with 17 markings to choose from, it also features a “random” mode for that little added “surprise”.
Adding your own plates is easy and a full-perm texture blank is included.
Those past two days have been absolute hell, (and are far from over).
Long story short, I lost my server box and I have been scrambling to restore my (horrible) backups on a new machine. I have a “minimal” setup working, and all the KDC related things such as updater & in-world delivery,… should be working properly now.
But please, do message me if you notice a problem.
I’ve made two sets, one in English and one in Japanese.
- Replaces (almost) any lock, doesn’t block the chain/unchain ability.
- A “random” mode: Pick a random plate everytime.
- Blank plate (which is also fullperm so you can make your own).
- 17 different markings in each language (but they aren’t all the same).
There is also a ‘public’ mode, like on the time release padlocks.
Fifteen very lewd japanese tags.
I should probably make english ones… any suggestions?
I reworked my material for the plate from the ground up and I’m really pleased with the result.
I also had to do a pretty big cleanup on the sculpted prim because the UVs where all wobbly. In addition I also added a bit of “tilt” between the shackle and the plate, to make it look a little more natural.
The label is not properly centered, I know.
The past few days weren’t exactly pleasant, but I think I should be well enough at this point.
I’m still coughing a bit and my head isn’t “quite” where it should be, we shall see.
I was really worried about how feasible this tag would be as a single sculpted prim (which is, unfortunately, still the current restriction of my lock system).
Main issues I had to deal with:
- This is essentially 3 (well 4) separate parts that have to all be on the same sculpted prim.
- They include loops and curves (which eat a lot of vertices).
- I had to reserve as much of the sculpt-map as possible for the tag itself.
I’m really happy with the results: It does need a little touching-up here and there, but it degrades very well lod-wise.
More attempts at procedural textures in Blender 2.8. The edges are supposed to have chisel/hammer marks all around and some darker colors. This is what I managed to do so far…
It’s also ment to become a sculpted prim, so that’s certainly going to be fun… especially the chain for that hole.
Sorry, that this is taking me so much time, I’m learning and this is all new to me.
I am more or less done with it, I just want to do something about the axle and the hex bolt to get a bit more contrast.
I’ve been trying to make nice node setups that can just be recycled for other projects but I’m gonna need a lot more practice before I can actually do that.