Very busy week, a lot of progress on the prison uniform:
- Completed the final weight painting of the pants, that’s as good as I can get it, unless I tweak the cuffs a little more.
- Re-unwrapped all the parts to try to maximize what I’m getting out of the textures this is using.
- Halved the texture size on the leg stripes with pretty much no difference in quality.
- Adjusted scene lighting to make the bottom of the pants a bit brighter.
- Got rid of a moiré effect in my textures due to a nearly invisible fabric pattern I added a while ago.
- Fixed a few more baking errors on the pants, there is still a few that I’ll have to fix manually for each color between the legs, no big deal.
- Stripe patterns on the shoulder panel is now one continuous array of stripes front to back.
- Re-baked everything at least a dozen times due to render quality issues, margin issues, etc. etc…
- Started another attempt at weight painting the jacket, it has a ton of issues, unfortunately.
Today’s pictures are all in-world tests, specifically showcasing the little “variant” I’ve made that include cuff “squeeze points” at the wrists and ankles. They look exceptionally stupid if there isn’t a cuff there. Otherwise? The effect is quite convincing.
I’ve been trying to use the local mesh feature that was just added to Firestorm, but it has some really annoying texturing glitches when it comes to materials, back to 12L$ test uploads for me…
The poles of the sleeve “cap” points keep clipping out at the squeeze points… Annoying. (you can see that on the last picture).
The prisoner ID number is just for the pictures at the moment, I haven’t set up the overlays on the uniform jacket yet. Ideally I’d like to make a little API where a landowner can “beam” to the uniform which color scheme to use and which name/number to show based on the parcel you are in. And in this case, it would temporarily override your customization HUD until you leave the parcel.
At least that’s as far as I thought about the script side of things…
Oh yeah, In other news, I’ve hurt my Achilles tendon on the left side during workout, so I’m going to be stuck on this chair for a while -_-.