Archive for August, 2020
I think I’m “almost” done preparing those. I had to fix those pesky corners and in retrospective… (you can see a beforer/after) I should just have used a different UV projection there. Oh well.
I’m not entirely sure about it being on the tightest notch but it looks a little odd with so much strap left if i remove the last hole.
This will officially be the second “transition” with my 3D leather work, the first one was when I migrated from 3D studio Max to Blender, with blender 2.8x officially removing what used to be my rendering engine of choice (Blender:Render), it is way overdue for me to move my leatherwork to Blender:Cycles.
I’ve been using it a lot already with all the recent “metallic” products, but the big challenge is getting everything to look close enough to allow this collar to be used seamlessly with previous leather products. This is all preliminary obviously, as the actual texture rendering will more than likely look different from those pictures.
I included a few version, but the differences between each might not be entirely obvious (unless you look really hard?)
Good progress on the new collar, I ended up ditching the weird “ribbing” from the liner and the trim on the strap (it made the strap look too narrow). I also added rivets and finished shaping the strap to accomodate for the D-rings and buckle.
This is based on a real collar but I’m trying to push it towards something that would be suitable to complete the “Classic” set, still very work in progress.
Not a big fan of those padding creases… too many too regular.
I ended up making the “U” version (most voted) and the “V” version (second most voted) and I’m pretty happy that I did, I feel that the “V” adds a little bit of variety to what looks a little “too” uniform otherwise.
The scripting is basically, identical so it is really a question of style and nothing else. As with the nose shackle, I’ve included 3 sizes and “light” scripted versions.
Enjoy and stay hydrated!
Thanks to everyone who voted!
I thought that I was finished with the code and assembly, but my head feels like a bowl of oatmeal so obviously I made a bunch of mistakes…
- Right side: U shackle in XL size with 3oz weight.
- Left side: V shackle in XS size with number plate.