Archive for May, 2012
The last post was a bit… on edge, I want to thank the support team for processing my rollback this fast.
I had to setup a backup update server in emergency because apparently my region ate the regular one.
I requested a region rollback from Linden Labs, please tell me if anything iffy happens.
I made a major update to the TouchBound system, it concerns currently the most pressing items: the cuffs and collars. It features a few changes and new things here and there:
Changelog – general:
- Toned down the amount og glow from the active sections.
- One script less per attachment.
- Added LockMeister Version 2 compatibility.
- Complete code rewriting.
- Removed the auto inversion of certain commands to get more consistent behavior for the end-user.
- Reduced the prim count of some objects (less click helpers are now required).
- General speed increase with the different actions.
- RLV: When leashed you will be automatically unseated if the leash point move away.
- RLV: When leashed you cannot teleport.
- RLV: When someone hold your leash they can force teleport you.
- Improved the chain reconnection on login/teleport.
- Improved animation system, less script activity.
Changelog – wrist cuffs:
- All wrist related animations redone.
- Two new wrist to neck poses: over head and inverted prayer.
- More room for larger breasts on the wrist to nipple poses.
Changelog – ankle cuffs:
- All ankle related animations redone.
- New, more stable avatar slowdown code with limited jump and no flight ability.
- New “hopping” mode for the ankle to wrist animations and ankle to ankle tight hobble.
- Added a “hobbled” walk, which currently simply slow down the avatar (until I can make a decent hobbled walk).
Existing buyers, you don’t have anything specific to do to get the update, the self update should trigger automatically the next time you wear your TouchBound items.
Until I update the online documentation, feel free to contact me for help and information inworld. I will be happy to be of assistance!
I managed to come up with a new way to drive the animation slowdown code that makes it pretty much butter smooth. I might add a “hopping” feature where you have to mash the movement key to hop around on top of simply “hobbled” walking types (those might not be in right when i release the update, depending how difficult the animations get).
I really want to get this stuff out soon and get back on working on the bridle.
A few more pictures for those who care following this blog, a few more animations remade, the wrist to nipple anims will allow more clearance for larger breasts.
I finished transferring all my products to the direct delivery system. I’m not gonna comment much about it, lets say I’m getting tired of linden labs pushing new, generally unwanted features to the marketplace and leaving it up to the merchants to adapt. I had to convert 223 products and I’m sure there are merchants with 10 time this amount.
On the upside I’m pretty much done rebuilding the TouchBound core, the code appears to be fairly solid and Lockmeister V2 compatible, so I will start pushing out the updates very soon, once I’m done improving the base animations.
These will replace the old ones, i think they are generally less intrusive and look better, especially the “hands in back” one.
I’ve been pushing this for “later” since january, but considering that I am now writing large code changes into the TouchBound system, I thought that I might as well get it over with.
What change from V1?
Not a lot really, V1 items will keep communicating as they always have, however a V2 furnitures will have extra commands to ask for the “exact” uuid of it’s target.
I updated the LSL wiki page with detailed explanations.