Collar UVs completed and some more shader work.

These UVmaps have a lot of internal “blank” spaces, and while I’m not a huge fan of that, I actually tried to chop it all up further to save more texture space (as shown), but it was never enough to actually justify doing it. It will be fine.

I did a couple of test bakes (full of glitches) but I am fairly impressed by the result already, with no attempts at color correction. I especially like that backing ‘felt’ a lot.

I also did some work to clean up how my materials get mixed, (specifically specularity, environment and gloss maps) which made me to realize that there was a problem in how I was rendering the metal on the grommets. It is fixed now and I think it looks a lot better.

Leave a Reply

Kyrah Abattoir
Creating BDSM/Fetish content for Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, thinks she can even make video games.
Archives
  • [—]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006