This may (or may not) be my next project, but I wanted to get the concept out of my system.
Rigid metal gags are not really “new” anymore, but I had this idea in the back of my mind of using flat stock rather than the typical round stock.
The idea is that only one end actually requires locking. The other side is essentially stuck in the slots as long as the “bit” is in the closed position.
A few thoughts:
- It’s gonna be VERY adjustable with this design.
- I do want it to animate open & closed.
- I will “probably” make interchangeable “bits” (haven’t decided how yet)
- It’s deceptively simple… is it TOO simple?
- Structurally those slotted bars look like they would be easy to bend and snap.
- I don’t like how the “ball” gag looks really (too simple again).