I’m only showing you the result here but initially when I STARTED working today I only was going to crease the top of the hood. I ended up going for a high-poly solution rather than painting. Creasing is still something that doesn’t really come naturally for me…
Once I was happy with the results, I upload my textures, fairly confident that everything was fine, and somehow there was a visible texture seam in the normal map!
Only visible in SL, in Blender everything is completely seamless! Thinking that I made a mistake during upload, I re-upload my models, re upload my textures, try all kinds of tweaks and tricks. Without success.
In the end I got around the problem by toning down the normal map along the offending seam. The result is… Okay I guess, but there goes another day.