Archive for February, 2018

Better results than yesterday.

Still remeshing, I’ve done a lot more progress than yesterday. I ended up deleting the sleeve piece I had started but did some good stuff on the skirt part.

It still feels too dense but that’s a lot more acceptable.

More remeshing horror…

I don’t know why I’m posting this, there is so much wrong going on…

At least the collar is (almost) done, that’s one of the annoying bits due to the overhangs/underside.

Dead realm urban area rework.

I’ve timidly posted a few pictures of the school I was working on before, it is part of a much bigger rework that will replace the dead realm “urban” area.

It is getting to a point where I think it might be ready to replace the old area.

Remeshing agony

I’d love to find a tool to ease up the process of remeshing retopologizing , but the reality is that I haven’t seen anything that did something I’d consider to be good enough to replace “Ye olde manual way”.

It is usually my most disliked step on any given model but especially for dresses.

Crest, belt, pockets, fabric, leather…

Not a ton accomplished today but I think the high polygon model is complete. I might look for other possibilities for the fabric grain (even if I suspect none of that will show in the final texture).

  • Made a clean vectorized copy of the crest (not sure if I will make that a separate texture or not).
  • Added belt loops.
  • Slimmed down the belt.
  • Fixed the leather shine.
  • Added a little trim line on the pockets.

There are some weird color space issues between my different projects but I think it’s fixed now.

All cleaned up

I’ve done a bunch of cleaning up after importing everything into blender (some odd little holes left and right… curious) and smoothed all the edges so it’s all nice and fabric-like.

I even got some time to start building a proper belt! But it might be a bit too thick right now.

Some slight tweaking… I think I’m done here.

I tried to make a version with wider straps but I’m told that it looks a little off. Which is kinda true I suppose.

I’ve reshaped the collar once more and gave it a new, smooth edge instead of the hard fold I had there initially.

I still don’t know if I want to make this an actual product.

Something that has plagued my entire weekend.

Some unusual japanese school uniform I found online (

I’m not even sure that I’m gonna use it for anything…

…but I had to try making one. 😀

The KDC HeavyMetal HeadCage is out!

I’m pretty happy with this new release, it’s the first item added to the HeavyMetal serie that was made in Blender and I think it turned out quite nicely.

It functions pretty much like the HeavyMetal collar, only with the HeavyDuty lock placed in front and with the addition of an overhead suspension which I think looks brilliant 🙂

As you would expect it comes with the regular fingerprint padlock and a HeavyDuty set and all the standard accessories.

You can pick it up from the KDC Main Store in dead realm or from the SecondLife Marketplace.

The headcage model is complete!

I’ve rebuilt the high-poly version of the padlock adapter, made the final uv map (128×1024 + 512×1024), made the degraded versions of the model for the LOD system, rendered the texture maps and I have everything pretty much ready for scripting in world.

I still have a couple of animations to make but I should be done with this item sometime during the next week!

Kyrah Abattoir
Creator of BDSM and fetish content in Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, aspiring video game creator.

February 2018