Update on the cell project.

Several changes which I believe make it better overall:

  • I removed the right side panel from the mesh: it will be re-added as a separate object so you can decided if you want panels, bars, or both.
  • The “tile” section on the second 1/3rd of the floor is now raised slightly rather than recessed, which looks cool but also will allow to make it invisible (I only had black marble tiles for testing).
  • The wall corners are beveled to make the 90° transitions softer.
  • The ceiling has a recess for lighting.
  • The ceiling now extends (down) all the way to the beam that runs along the wall and is also beveled in all corners.
  • The baseboards will be hide-able too.

I started texturing the metal beams with a very small normal map, it almost looks good enough under the right lighting but I need something more…

(Sorry for the ‘dark’ the in-world test pictures are, I didn’t realize that when I took them)

Leave a Reply

Kyrah Abattoir
Creator of BDSM and fetish content in Second Life since 2004.

Seasoned 3D artist and programmer, aspiring video game creator.

  • [—]2023
  • [+]2022
  • [+]2021
  • [+]2020
  • [+]2019
  • [+]2018
  • [+]2017
  • [+]2016
  • [+]2015
  • [+]2014
  • [+]2013
  • [+]2012
  • [+]2011
  • [+]2010
  • [+]2009
  • [+]2008
  • [+]2007
  • [+]2006